CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

30 Days of Truth

Something That I Had To Forgive Someone For:

I have been having a hard time of posting each day for the 30 days of truth.  So I decided that I would just post them as I could.

I think that when I write, I am so open and I hope that I never offend anyone that visits my blog or that you feel that I share to much.  People have told me that I am an open book.  You ask and I will share.  Now I never want to share something that would hurt another.  So that said, I will get on with my topic.

It has been years since my Daddy passed away.  My Daddy was my knight in shining armour.  He always had the time to listen to me and never judged me.  I always felt loved and above all, CHERISHED.

My Daddy remarried a woman that has since passed away, so I would never want to speak ugly of the dead.  But when my Daddy passed, she tried to tell me that he really did not love me as I thought.  What a crock!!!!!  I knew that he loved me.  For a couple of years toward the end of his marriage with my mother (his wife of 36 years), we would meet on Saturday mornings about 6 am.  We would meet for breakfast and share our hearts with each other.  I could tell him anything and I felt that he told me just enough.  And that was fine with me.  Just knowing that he had time for me was worth untold words.  So when she tried to tell me the ugly lies, I knew that it would take me time to let the hurt and anger go.

I can honestly tell you that I never wanted harm to come to her and I always tried to lift her up in prayer.  They had a son together and I did chose at the time that I needed to let him go.  He had two other brothers from her first marriage and I needed to have space.  It did take time, but I realized that what my Daddy and I had was rare, so I choose to cherish my memories.  I have fully forgiven her and I am not really sure why, but God knows.  He only asks me to trust Him when things happen in my life that I don't understand.


A few weeks ago, my pastor made the comment about unforgiveness.  When we don't forgive, it is like drinking a glass of poison and expecting the person who has hurt or angered you to die.  It just doesn't work like that.  Unforgiveness is one of the deepest  pit that we can put ourselves in.  It is also like a cancer that will eat us alive.  Do you have someone that you need to forgive?  Don't you think that it is time to let go and let God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...