CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Writer's Workshop - A Time That I Should Have Listened To My Mother




Writing assignment for Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Workshop

Now don't get me wrong, but looking back, I wonder if my mother was not right.


Almost seventeen years ago, we adopted our first grand-daughter.  When our Bridgett asked us if we would adopt her child when it was born, of course my response was YES!  How could I let someone else raise our first grandchild?  I remember sharing this with my mother and she was most adamant in telling me that we would be doing Bridgett and the child wrong.  At that point, all I could see was that our Bridgett was not ready to become a mother.


Now  years later, not only do we have a seventeen year old daughter, but we also have a fourteen year old daughter.  The road has been a lot of ups and downs. Times when I thought that I was going to lose it.  I have come to the conclusion that perhaps my mother was more wise than I gave her credit.  I think now, it would have been wiser to have been their legal custodians and let Bridgett have remained their mother.


At this time is my life, I have four beautiful daughters and they are my life.  But would the last two have been happier if we would have remained their grand-parents?


Mothers should always be listened to.  We should never disregard what they have to share (even if we have to step back and think on it awhile).  Remember, the Lord has placed them to help guide and to protect us when our emotions run away.  My wonderful mother has since passed and how I would love to sit down and let her know that perhaps in this case, she was more than right.

2 comments:

  1. This was wonderful...even though you'd read it to me earlier, I still cried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I know I cry when I think of my Mother and how she would have loved my plants. I think we get our love for them from her. SHe could grow anything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...