CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Writer's Workshop-Describe A Job That You Would Never Want To Do

Writing Assignment for Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Assignment

Thinking of all the possibilities of a job that life has to offer, the one that stands out most would be the President of the United States.
Looking at the beginning of each president's time in office and then looking at the end, let's me know that the pressure would be too much.  They go in looking young and come out looking so tired.  The pressure that they have to carry each and every day would crush me.
For every move that you make is measured.  Not only for you, but  your family.  Can you really be who you are, when so many people are watching every minute of your life?  Although the children have the time of their lives, they still have to be so guarded in their actions and their friends.
Knowing, that even if the decision you make would be for the best, there are going to be those that will oppose you.  I am a peace maker.
My hat goes off to each of our President and their families.  The life that they have to uphold is not an easy one.  There will always be those that will want to tear you down and destroy your character.  Only the strong are able to come up against the slaughter each and every time they speak.  I can't even begin to think how the traveling would grow old and always having to be on my best behavior.
Where have we come as a nation, that we have to try to tear down our men and women in office.  I may not always agree, but with God's help, I hope that I can learn to keep my opinions to myself.  The Lord admonishes in His Word for me to pray and to lift the people in office before Him.  I am so thankful that there are people that want and desire to step up to office.  For they want to speak for the people of their states and country.
I am blessed to live in the United States and am happy to be a mother and housewife.

2 comments:

  1. This was great and I agree even though I didn't think of it until I read your post...definitely a job I would never, ever want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one job that I wonder why anyone would want to do it!!! Great writing peice...it really gets you thinking!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...