CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Writer's Workshop- Why Are You Burned Out?

When I was 18 and looking forward to being married and having a family, it turned out to be a little different than I had pictured.

I remember asking the Lord for a husband and that I wanted to get married before May of the next year.  I also asked that I would have 2 girls.  Well, I did get married before May, actually the 12th of April and we had 2 beautiful daughters that are 15 months apart.

My Tommy and I have been married for 36 years at this date, still married to each other, in love and enjoy our time together(what little time that is).
My Mandy & Bridgett

Now to the present day, I have 2 more daughters that we adopted when they were born.  Our 2nd daughter, is the birth mother of both of them.  One is 17 and the other 14.  Add to that my mother-in-law that has lived with us for the past 16 years.

I find myself so burned out, that I don't enjoy doing the things that are important to me.  The last 2 daughters are much more vocal and definitely try my patience almost daily.  I realize that the times have changed and children are different, due to media, music and such.  But it seems no matter what I say, they say different.

My mother-in-law, which is a jewel(at times) is now experiencing Alzheimer's.  My days are beginning to not be my own.  I really try my best to remember to treat her as if she were my own mother.   And with God's grace I am surviving.

Now take all this and add two trailers that I am trying to get painted by the end of this month, Thanksgiving coming up and will be getting the house in order for company, my life is just not a little stressed but loads of stress.  My body tells me that I just need to stop and let each day come as it will.  But I am one that likes to get things done and I really hate to put things off until the last minute.

I thought that when my Tommy and I got to the retirement age, that the children would be gone and that it would just be the two of us.  So now I just burn the candle at both ends and continue to try my best to get past the BURNED OUT stage.

But don't get me wrong, I love my 4 daughters and mother-in-law.  My daughters especially, are the bright spot of my life, not to mention my grandchildren.  I just keep remembering that the Lord will continue to give me the strength as I need it.

My Alexis & Gabrielle
This post was part of Mama Kat's

1 comment:

  1. Does it count when one of my three blogs I visit for the Writer's Workshop is my mothers? Of course it does!! You're very brave, caring and sometimes a little too nice! While running around taking care of everyone else, you have to remember to stop and take care of you...just because you're worth it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...