CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Allison's Journey by Wanda E. Brunstetter

From the back: Allison Believes That No Man Would Want Her. Growing up with her impatient, disinterested aunt and five older brothers, Allison Troyer is more comfortable playing ball than keeping house. now, the nineteen-year-old tomboy must learn to run an Amish household. but a further of domestic bliss. Is hopeless; her lack of femininity will repel any potential husband. Aaron Zook and his family have finally recovered from the heartache of their father's death. refusing to revisit such pain, Aaron vows never to marry. when his baseball team gets stuck with the new girl, aggravation quickly changes to admiration. Allison is like no girl he has never met...and he likes that. Will Allison's journey in life take her in another direction, just when love seems possible.


 From page 111: I could get used to being with this woman, Aaron thought as he watched Allison lean her head back and close her eyes. Can I really set my fears about marriage aside and try to build a relationship with her? I want to. In fact, I've Never wanted anything so much or felt so happy as when I'm with her. He grimaced. But she'll be leaving for Pennsylvania in a few months, and then what? Allison cleared his throat, and Allison's eyes popped open. "What's wrong? Have you got a nibble?" she asked, glancing at the end of his pole. "Nope. I just wanted to ask you something." "What is it?" "I was just wondering..." Aaron fought the temptation to bite off a fingernail. Why did he feel so tongue-tied, when all he wanted to do was ask her a simple question? "What are you wondering? She prompted. He drew in a breath, hoping it would give him the courage to say what was on his mind. "I enjoy your company and would like to court you, Allison. I was hopin' you might consider staying longer instead of leaving in August like you'd planned." Allison smiled at Aaron so sweetly he knew he had to kiss her right then. He leaned toward Allison; his lips were inches from hers. The boat began to vibrate. He tried to steady it, but there wasn't time. In one quick movement, the canoe rolled over, and splash--they were plunged into the chilly water.


My Comments:


My daughter and I have all of the books by Wanda E. Brunstetter, between us and we love each and every one of them.


I took this book with me on my trip to Texas and had a hard time putting it down. I wanted to find out if Allison would ever be able to achieve her goals of household chores.  Seeing that she was more of an outdoor person.


I would rate this book a 5 out of 5.  It was one that kept me going back for more. I just wish that there were more in the series. This is a book that I would encourage anyone that loved to read about the Amish, to buy for themselves.  You will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't share your opinion of this book. I am not a Brunstetter fan. Her stories are usually a little too simple and formulaic for me, but this one sounds a bit different than her norm -- was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for this. Since then, I have posted my comment. When I finished the book, I was at my daughters and was trying to type this out on my ipad.

    I do think that you would like this one. It is rather different from the other style. I loved the book and found that I didn't want to put it down.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...