CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hymns







Today, I was over at the blog "Undeserving Grace" and Tara had a post about Hymns.  Now in the church that I attend, they don't sing hymns, but more contemporary christian songs.  While I enjoy some of the songs, it is just not the same as hymns.  I know, I am old fashioned and love the words to the hymns.  I really think, that it is because sometimes I don't feel that the song is smooth. Would I want to go back to the way music was sung when I was small?  NO! There are some very deep songs being sung and you can tell that they come from the heart.  I love that there is freedom to express yourself in song.


Two of the songs that I love to still sing is "Amazing Grace", "I'll Fly Away", and "In the Garden".  There is just something about these somgs that give hope.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me….
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T’was Grace that taught…
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear…
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares…
we have already come.
T’was Grace that brought us safe thus far…
and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me…
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be…
as long as life endures.
When we’ve been here ten thousand years…
bright shining as the sun.
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise…
then when we’ve first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me….
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.


When it comes to just basking in the presence of the Lord, I love the praise songs that are out.  When I was able, I would go to my office, close the door and turn the volume down.  It was so great to lay on my loveseat, the lights out and just let the music flow over me and let the tears flow.  Did you know there is healing in our tears?

When the world feels like it is closing in on you, just close yourself off and let the Lord speak to your heart through music.  You will be surprised how refreshed you will feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...