CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5

Your Favorite Comfort Foods and Why

Wow, this is a hard one.  When I get stressed, the best thing that I can think of is a fresh BUTTERFINGER bar.  Even now, I can feel how smooth the chocolate would feel in my mouth.  The crunch of the peanut butter bar getting stuck in between my teeth, knowing that I will need to get some floss.  What better form of delight than a piece of CHOCOLATE!!!  This is the reason that you will not find them in my house.

Now when I am relaxing with a good book.  All I need is a cold Dr. Pepper with a lot of ice in the cup.  Preferably I would have some of my HAPPY ICE, from Sonic. Then armed with my Chile & Lemon Peanuts, I feel so much comfort.  There is just something about the cold drink and then the spicy nuts.  I remember as a kid, we lived in Lubbock, TX and we would travel to Dallas to see the grandparents and cousins.  My Daddy would only stop once through the whole trip and that would be in Seymour.  He would let us get a cold drink and a snack. My brother, Steven and I would always get a Dr. Pepper and then peanuts.  Then we would open the drink and pour the nuts into the bottle. I guess that is why I love the two together.  It brings back memories of my family being together.








When my body is craving contentment,(in other words CARBS) PIZZA is the perfect solution.  But, pepperoni is the only way to go.  Yummy, the hot, fluffy bread, the spicy pepperoni and the gooey tomato sauce is the perfect beginning of feeling contented.  Just grab a comfortable chair, turn the TV on and I can relax for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...