CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 19 & 20

DAY 19 - YOUR BIGGEST REGRETS IN LIFE


My greatest regret in life is not taking better care of myself.


I have always been one that didn't wait for help.  If I wanted something moved, I would take care of it.  When I was 9 months pregnant, I decided that I needed the living room moved around.  Now this was my first pregnancy and I didn't think.  I just knew that I wanted the room changed.  So what if it took me an hour to move my piano.  You would think that I would have learnt something.  Nope, just that I was able to move things myself.


That was when I was 20 and now I am 56 almost 57 in Dec. and I still move things.  Like moving sofa's, chairs, bookcases, dressers, beds, books and I suppose just anything that needs moved.  Now this could mean moving upstairs or even downstairs.


So now at my age, my body is letting me know that I did not treat it kindly.  And now, my doctor has told me that because of doing aerobics for 2 hours a day in my 30's is alot of my problem.  Duh!!


So I wish that I could go back and been better to my body, knowing that it was the only one that I would have.  I just wish that when we are young, they would give us a manual to let us know what to expect as we get older.  But would we really read it, when we have our grandparents and parents to watch and learn from?  Probably, not!






Day 20 - HOW IMPORTANT IS EDUCATION?


My take is absolutely get all that you can. 


I will say that I don't believe that the children of today are getting the best where we live as opposed to other areas.  My daughter texted me today while in class and there was a girl yelling at her, and the teacher was at her desk, on her cell phone, checking her facebook. Is this really teaching?   This is just not coming from only my child, but from others.


If I had it all to do over again, I would have started homeschooling our two youngest girls in kindergarten and continued until they graduated.  I know that I could have given them by far a better education than they are getting here.  Now, if we still lived in Texas, I would not have homeschooled.  For I know that the schools in San Antonio, TX are awesome and I have proof, for my grandchildren live there.  


I am not saying that the teachers are not all good.  Their hands are being tied and they can only go as far as the school board will let them.  My hat is off to them for the work that they try to do.  It is not easy to be a teacher, when the parents won't even stand behind them.


In this day and age, our children need all the education that they are able to achieve. For without it, they will only get by, but with education, they can climb to higher heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...